Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Fantasy RP, discussion (Need's name)

4 posters

:: Roleplaying :: Fantasy

Go down

New Fantasy RP, discussion (Need's name)  Empty New Fantasy RP, discussion (Need's name)

Post  Gig Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:12 pm

I'd like to start a nice original Fantasy RP here on the forum, before I make the real thing though I'd like to get a few race ideas, from the rest of you so that I can hammer out the setting early so I can avoid inconsistencies. This is what I currently have.

World Map
New Fantasy RP, discussion (Need's name)  Sp99g3

Nation
Tanith Alliance
Once a part of the Kingdom of Solomore the people of the Tanith Alliance banded together to overthrow the rule of there former monarchs now the most advanced magical civilization in the known world there civilization is destined to be a short lived one.

Kingdom of Solomore
The second oldest nation on Kiam the Kingdom of Solomore in recent years has been reduced to nothing but a shadow of its former might. Solomore has access to technology roughly equal to a late medieval power despite there lack of technology they possess some of the most famous orders of knights and wizarding schools in the world.

Dukedom of Caladon
A former province of Solomore Caladon gained independence shortly before the formation of the Tanith alliance. Like Solomore they possess technology similar to a late medieval power and have the the best trained and equipped conventional armies in all of Kiam despite this they are still little more than a vassal of Solomore to be called upon at the beck and call of the King.

Queendom of Valindas
A minor amazonian nation to the south of Solomore there most notable quality is that woman hold the positions of power usually held by men in other nations.

Daggertooth
A relatively unknown yet harsh area of land occupied by several lesser known races who all via for control of the region, known races who dwell in the lands of Daggertooth include, The Wolves and Orks.

Frostren
I barren frozen land rumored to be the last refuge of dragon kind in Kiam

Republic of Kaladan
The oldest Nation in Kiam it is all that remains if the ancient Astrium Empire which was destroyed long ago millennia ago by an unknown force. Even today hundreds of Astrium Ruins litter the lands of Kaladan littered with markings depicting everything from simple day to day life to incredible battles.

Magic

Magic is the power which binds the world nations with more powerful magic wielders are considered the more powerful nations, the advancement of magic has all but made conventional armies worthless as such many nations armies have become little more than

General
General magic is the most rudimentary form of magic every mage is capable of its use and thus it is easily the most common magic in the world. General magic is some what like the magic in Harry potter and is tied to no particular element basically it is pure magic the most basic spells is some what like a ki blast from dragon ball.

Elementalism
Elementalism is divided into 4 elements these elements are Water, Wind, earth, and fire each element is unique in every way and possess certain strengthens and weaknesses
• Fire is the most destructive of the 4 elements and the least versatile Fire magic possess allot of raw power it being able to quickly decimate vast numbers of opponents easily
• Water is the most versatile of the 4 elements water is considered very adaptable as it can be used for great offence and defence allowing for the mage to control the battle field easier.
• Earth is considered the opposite to fire in that it focus more on defence then offence an earth mage is able to control earth/rock it’s self allowing them to form powerful constructs and golems out if the very ground to aid in there defence
• Wind magic is unique amongst the elements in that though it is generally weaker in all categories it like water though has some special benefits which usually even things out such allowing a mage to attain super sonic speeds and flight as well as allowing them to redirect offensive spells with wind currents.

Black magic
Black magic is magic that is unusable by mortals naturally Black magic can only be attained by mortals though a pact with a demonic entity the more powerful the demonic being the more powerful the Black magic the mage gains though the pact other powers gained include but not restricted to are super human strength, speed, durability and enhanced magical channelling as well as being able to use lesser versions of all the powers of the said demon. The down side to these pacts is that you must sacrifice any 1 thing the demons desires this though can be any thing from your 1 of your 6 senses to the lose of all emotion you never know what a demon will ask in return

Black magic is generally the most powerful magic due to the fact that those who practice it have had to surrender some thing important to gain it. Those’s who practice black magic don’t lose there ability to use elementalism the opposite actually happens and there abilities greatly enhance due to there super human ability to channel magical energies.

(Point practicing black magic does not mean your evil) no one at the start should be a black magic practiser yet and if you do plan to become one your not allowed to say the demon takes this I'll make the demons decision for it this should stop people from becoming overpowered

Necromancy
Necromancy not to be confused with black magic is the art of animating and controlling the dead Necromancers are generally weaker than mages in 1 on 1 combat due to there art focusing more on the use of familiars and minions.

It is not unknown for powerful necromancers to be able to animate entire armies or even control powerful undead such as Drcolich (undead dragons)

Character Sheet

Name –
Gender –
Age –
occupation –
Home town -
Stats (You get 15 points to distribute amongst the 3 stats there for RP purposes so we know who’s physically stronger, Faster, 10 is the highest available other than that it does nothing and you don't need to use all 15 points)
Strength/Durability –
Speed/Dexterity –
Intelligence/Magic –

Bio -

I'll be the DM I have a few arcs planned already and I'll try and push them forward in between my own story arcs I'll let other people put forward ideas and run there own arcs as DM. If you wish to make your own race feel free but I'd like to look them over first, they can be from any of the nations given but be warns Solomore, Caladon and Valindas's governments are very much anti anything that is not human.

Last edited by Gig on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Gig
Gig

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:
New Fantasy RP, discussion (Need's name)  Left_bar_bleue1/1New Fantasy RP, discussion (Need's name)  Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

New Fantasy RP, discussion (Need's name)  Empty Re: New Fantasy RP, discussion (Need's name)

Post  Ninjasteve Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:56 am

Good idea iv already thought up a character and story. only thing im gonna say is i think you're ebing to generous with points. people have enough to fill 2 skills completly.
Ninjasteve
Ninjasteve
Right Hand Man
Right Hand Man

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:
New Fantasy RP, discussion (Need's name)  Left_bar_bleue1/1New Fantasy RP, discussion (Need's name)  Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

New Fantasy RP, discussion (Need's name)  Empty Re: New Fantasy RP, discussion (Need's name)

Post  Gig Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:27 am

Ninjasteve wrote:Good idea iv already thought up a character and story. only thing im gonna say is i think you're ebing to generous with points. people have enough to fill 2 skills completly.
I've lowered the maximum points, 15 should be more than enough.
Gig
Gig

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  foderico Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:51 pm

I think the magic in this RP is too much of it tbh, not going to be much physical fighting of armies or such
foderico
foderico

Location : on the other end of a laptop screen, with his pants off

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Gig Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:14 pm

The entire plot is going to force people to use physical fighting the entire story is around the fact that the nations have become too dependant upon magic.
Gig
Gig

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  foderico Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:17 pm

so is the magic going to vanish or something because its going to be like

1000 men and myself charge the 250 defenders.........

old man holding a walking stick evaporates all of them and then tursn the leader to goat.....

RP finished
foderico
foderico

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Gig Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:23 pm

foderico wrote:so is the magic going to vanish or something because its going to be like

1000 men and myself charge the 250 defenders.........

old man holding a walking stick evaporates all of them and then tursn the leader to goat.....

RP finished
There are anti magic devices there just going to be rare, the first major villians are actually completely immune to the effects of magic but are also incapable of using it, meaning every nation that is overly reliant on magic (Tanith and Solomore to a lesser extent) are going to get a rude wakeup call.

Edit: Also if you where powerful enough to gather a small army of 1000 you should be more than capable of highering a contract wizard who you could use to protect your army.
Gig
Gig

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninjasteve Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Magic isen't that overpowered in everything. Like Gig sead also id imagine its become mandatory for any army in the rp to have mages with them to cancle out other mages.
Ninjasteve
Ninjasteve
Right Hand Man
Right Hand Man

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  foderico Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:04 pm

yes i agree mages to counter other mages but ONE UBER MEGA MAGE would be unbeatable

plus the idea of oppnents immune to magic is a good idea but what if the magic didnt hit them directly but made there opponants immensly better or if it just summoned 1,000,000 men

it just seems like its too easy to manipulate around the system
foderico
foderico

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Gig Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:18 pm

foderico wrote:yes i agree mages to counter other mages but ONE UBER MEGA MAGE would be unbeatable
UBER MEGA MAGES are as rare as Gods and yes they would have Godlike power but there at such a level of power conquest is below most of them, most generally travel from world to world learning to become more powerful and dealing with other UBER MEGA MAGES.

foderico wrote:plus the idea of oppnents immune to magic is a good idea but what if the magic didnt hit them directly but made there opponants immensly better or if it just summoned 1,000,000 men
The avarage mage wouldn't be able to summon 1,000,000 familiers, and indirect magic effects them. You just seem to be looking at the magic system at its most broken, storywise as the GM I'm not going to allow them to randomly summon 1,000,000 men out of nowhere that would just ruin the plot
Gig
Gig

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  foderico Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:33 pm

well thats why im pointing out the problems now instead of halfway through and killing the rp

plus when one of these immense god like mages is introduced everyone will want to be one haha
foderico
foderico

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Mizo Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:33 pm

TU ES. Call it 'Realm'.
Mizo
Mizo

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninjasteve Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:20 pm

You could apply this mage bashing logic to any rp. For example the naruto rp

There is nothing suggest its that easy to be uber powerfull i was going to be a mage but rp it fairly. Its easy to find problems like that in anything if you're looking for them in that way.

But yeh you shopuld make it soon so we can acctually start rping lol
Ninjasteve
Ninjasteve
Right Hand Man
Right Hand Man

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  foderico Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:15 pm

would be good to have it up soon

and im not purposfully picking faults its just if you wnated to be a magicless race then yud be fucked
foderico
foderico

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Gig Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:28 am

Just like Batman is fucked because he doesn't have a super power in DC, just like you're fucked if you play as a Warrior in dungeons and dragons, you know just to silence this I'm going to play as someone who has NO magic
Gig
Gig

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  foderico Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:10 pm

to be fair this has been silent for about a month maybe two
foderico
foderico

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Gig Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:24 am

Mere technicalities, my dear Fod
Gig
Gig

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  foderico Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:48 pm

and you know what i just realised to my amusement we still dont have a name

how about.................... lets not let for a fair say and all gang on him when he says something

sounds Good Very Happy
foderico
foderico

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down