Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter Rp (Work in progress) Don't post!

:: Roleplaying :: Fantasy

Go down

Harry Potter Rp (Work in progress) Don't post! Empty Harry Potter Rp (Work in progress) Don't post!

Post  Mizo Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:29 am

The Rp

This Rp is set after the events in the Harry potter books, including the end scene, of some of the main characters sending their children off to Hogwarts. This of course means it will be ripe with spoilers, you have been warned. More information about what has happened will be explained in the first post. The Rp is going to be more about story telling rather than trying to rank ourselves up, so there will be no official battle system. It's up to you guys whether you want rules in your fights, if you want there to be a way to lose. Of course some of the NPCs will come will greater risks, for example if you go head to head with the main villain, you risk death. There will be three GMs, me, Ninjasteve and Beef Paste. We will control the 'bad guys' and further the story that way, but feel free to create your own stories within that, but be aware that we may interrupt your plans, and therefore you will be required to truly role play your character and react to those events accordingly. We begin with two characters, one first year and one older. The older may be anywhere from second year to Dumbledore's age, to truly get a grasp of what has happened during the time after the books you should read the first post. That way you can place your older character in better context. You should use the character sheet below, copy the code and post it in the character trials thread. There your character will be checked for any problems. If it has any you will be notified, similarly if your character has been accepted it will be moved into the character roster for you by a GM. Enjoy the RP.

Abilities

Our abilities are graded using the O.W.L.S marking system which is as follows; Outstanding, Exceeds expectations, Acceptable, Poor, Dreadful and Troll. To begin with every skill starts on Acceptable. However, you may upgrade a skill, but you must also downgrade another. For example if I wish to upgrade my flying skill I would have to downgrade another, like Herbology. So I would now exceed expectations as a flyer, but be poor at herbology. You may move more than one step in the marking, but the corresponding downgrade must be same amount.

Code:
[b][u]The Character Sheet[/u][/b]

[u]Description[/u]

[b]Name:[/b] [i]Your character's name[/i]
[b]Age:[/b] [i]First years are 11 years old.[/i]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Blood:[/b] [i]Are you half blood, pure blood or muggle born[/i]
[b]Affiliations:[/b] [i]This includes the character's house at school if it applies, also organisations e.g Order of the Phoenix, Death Eater etc [/i]
[b]Wand:[/b] http://wizardingrealm.net/index.php?showtopic=7791 All Credit goes to the creator.

[b]Physical appearance:[/b] [i]What do they look like? Body build, scars, graceful, slow, fat, thin, tall, small etc etc[/i]
[b]Eye colour:[/b]
[b]Hair style/colour:[/b]

[u]Bio[/u]

[b]Personality:[/b] [i]What are your characters like? How do they react and why? Brave, cowardly, suave, cynical etc[/i]
[b]History:[/b] [i]This can be as long as you like, longer for older characters of course.[/i]

[u]Abilities[/u]

[b]Flying[/b] Those skilled in flying are capable of incredible feats on a broom and are often chosen for quidditch teams.

[b]Herbology[/b] Those skilled in Herbology are known to have extensive knowledge of magical plants and are therefore more likely to carry the ingredients and use them effectively.

[b]Potions[/b] Similar to Herboloy, those skilled in potions are able to create potions at a higher skill level than average. This leads on to more powerful and complicated potions.

[b]Transfiguration[/b] Those skilled in Transfiguration are capable of the often complicated spells which change the form or appearance of objects. Skilled practitioners are capable of the famous transformation. Conjurations are an advanced form.

[b]Healing Magic[/b] Those skilled in this branch of magic often become doctors. Wizards without that aspiration often have a slight knowledge of healing magic in order to heal injuries in the field.

[b]Charms[/b] Those skilled in charms are capable of changing or adding properties to objects, including peope.

[b]Dueling[/b] Dueling is a broad skill. A good duelist may be great at Jinxes or charms, it depends on the style the wizard chooses to fight with. Often duelists are average at multiple forms of magic in order to cover all bases. However this skill is more you ability to use spells and knowledge of magic in a duel. For example; Aim and speed.

[b]Offensive spells[/b] This includes Jinxes, Hexes and Curses.

[b]Counter Spells[/b] This skill is mainly about defense. Although counter spells are used to remove charms and other such magic.

[b]Special abilities:[/b] [i]These are usually inherited. Parsel tongue, Metamorphmagi, Werewolf etc These are extremely rare and permission must be asked.[/i]

Mizo
Mizo

Awesomeness
Awesomeness:
Harry Potter Rp (Work in progress) Don't post! Left_bar_bleue1/1Harry Potter Rp (Work in progress) Don't post! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down